Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Viviré en Puerto Natales

The long awaited question of where I am going to be living was finally answered yesterday! My new home will be Puerto Natales, a town of about 20,000 people and considered the gateway to Torres del Paine National Park. It is difficult to know what to expect, as a wealth of information is not available online or in tour guides. I do know that a lot of tourists pass through the town, and I have read that some British expatriates have opened a vegetarian restaurant. I have been told that my host family is very nice, though my apoyo curiculare (my school representative) cannot remember much more about them and continues to forget to bring her packet of information to orientation every day. I keep telling myself that the continued uncertainty only adds to the excitement. Orientation does seems lengthy at times, but it will be over before I know it on Friday. I will have Saturday and Sunday free to explore more of Santiago, and my 3-4 hour flight to Punta Arenas leaves Monday morning. From Punta Arenas I will take a bus to Puerto Natales! There will be more details to come. 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home